Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 12:30   #328
Studio25

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Yes, I believe it's more blood on its hands than you or I,we don't send debt collection agencies to vulnerable folks homes or terrorise them with threatening letters etc.
So all I need to do to get out of my council tax debts is write to them saying I have mental issues and that if they chase the debt I may top myself?

Or if I don't write to them, and they have no idea of my mental state, they will get villified for not taking that into account if I do commit suicide?

Sounds to me like an organisation trying to treat everyone fairly and collect what is due does not have any way to come out of this with a course of action that pleases everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
My innocence comes from opting out (where possible) from the messed up,inefficient system.
Not voting and avoiding tax (in my younger days)...
You might think that abstinence from "the system" absolves you from any blame, but you share equal blame for the way things are with everyone else who lives in this democracy. That's how democracy works - if you care at all about the way the country is run, you vote. If you care enough about the way the country is run, you canvass, volunteer, put yourself forward for election etc. If you don't care, or think they are all as bad as each other, then you don't vote, but that reduces your eligibility to complain about the way things are being run. If you care enough to complain on a forum, you care enough to put X on a piece of paper.

Studio25 is offline   Reply With Quote