Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 13:19   #329
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

I care....I also complain.
I have never failed to trundle along to the polling station, I cannot vote for a party that does not have some of my core values at the heart of their policies.
I have voted in the past for people who say one thing, but then do totally the opposite.
I do not slavishly follow the principles or dogma of just one party....I think about who I feel may best represent me.....this is a considered way of voting....And for a couple of times I have felt that none of the parties/representatives of the parties deserve my vote....I feel seriously disillusioned about how this country is being run.
Political parties do not listen to the electorate, they dismiss the concerns of those who put them in power....They treat us like we are brainless idiots.
I will continue to trundle along to the polling station, but I reserve the right to write on my ballot paper"none of the above'.
When politicians show that they are genuine, trustworthy, and have more than their own interests at the heart of what they do, then, and only then will I feel comfortable with placing my x in their box.
I am not expecting this phenomena to happen in my lifetime.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote