Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2015, 19:37   #338
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Less, I think most politicians think they are fireproof....that nothing the electorate can do will affect them.
They invariably say one thing to get elected ( like our own elected representative) and then once elected, they please themselves.
They are not in politics to make our mundane lives better, but to make their own lives, their bank balance and their future better.
This is the reason why moderate people either fail to connect(and don't vote) become disillusioned with everything which politics stands for.
I struggled last time but in the end voted for someone who(I thought) knew the area, the people, the problems....and as a result of this local knowledge, would do the best for us in this area.
Wrong on all counts....I had not learned the lessons of the past.

I won't be making that mistake next time.
Under no circumstances do I disagree with you Margaret, however I do disagree with someone that claims a Council has blood on it's hands even though they didn't make the law they are forced to uphold when he then openly admits his actions are probably more likely to have caused the very thing he claims to abhor.

Vote, or don't vote everyone's choice, pay your rightful taxes or commit embezzlement, again your choice, but don't pretend if you are like him that you aren't part of the problem that leads to the death's of the vulnerable.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote