View Single Post
Old 06-02-2015, 09:39   #10600
Turtle

Re: Today in pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by davemac View Post
Today in Pictures, if this snow keeps vanishing I may go to Canada, although I will want to be home for dinners.

1. I was heading for Troy Quarry, however I had a sudden "I wonder where that goes" moment, and two hours later was still heading for the quarry.
2. I'v no idea the name of this place, although Jamestone Quarry is just out of sight.
3. Another lost community, it looks like farm buildings and workers cottages.
4. Just so you know, I am flat out in the white stuff for this shot.
5. More remnants of buildings, although the footprint of the walls gives no clue as to the shape of the building.
6. Right its time to head in the direction of Troy.
7. Found it, but there is little time to properly dwell and soak up the history.
8. With all that ice I don't think I will go any closer to the edge.
9. The stone pillar that remains actually was the base for the excavation machinery.
10. When the weather is kinder the rock face entertains climbers both going up and down as well, the top I have just been along has metal poles hammered in to attach the safety ropes. Plus there are disclamer notices saying if you fall off and break both legs not to go running to them.
Wow super shots, davemac. The colours in the quarry stone are set off so nicely against the snow. Er, I hope you take a cell phone with you for emergencies on these treks of yours!
Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote