View Single Post
Old 10-02-2015, 22:33   #46
DAV007
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford (H) match thread

First of all - may I apologise to any Oxford fans.
i thought they where poor when they beat us 3-1 at their place where Gray was sent off, but tonight they where a far better team.

MOM - Windass.
His work rate, attitude, effort, runs, drive and determination rubbed off on his team mates and I think this lad has real potential to become a good league player.
Gornell - good target man,
Proctor - much improved
Hunt - excellent organisation
Bruna - excellent 1st half, tired 2nd half and was rightfully subbed
Winnard - good centre back partner for atkinson, they compliment each other
Naismith - in his short stint, he was a handful for Oxford
Davies - gives the defence so much more confidence and talks to them both verbally and with his hands

Substitutions = well timed and effective

tactics - change of system in the 2nd half caught oxford out for a while, good to see Coley will mix it up to get results, the team where well set up from the start.

Negatives
I still think we look vunerable in defence, although part of that is down to a lack of protection at times from the midfield.

The referee - what a joke. He allowed Oxford to dictate to him when players went off injured, when the injured player would come back on, allwed them to slow the game down and stop the game when it suited them.
He lacked any presence and should never in a million years have booked Winnard - the Oxford player waited for the touch and went down facing the referee asking for the foul!
Stanley should get that card rescinded.
Ironically, not long after he booked Winnard, Hoban for Oxford dribbled past 3 of our players and I think it was Atkinson who took him down - that was a clear booking and he didnt even talk to Atkinson.

Onwards and upwards.
DAV007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web