View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 06:37   #50
football19
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford (H) match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by yonmon View Post
Davo !....I agree with most of what you say except for your assessment of Josh Windlass being the MOM !...admittedly he ran around a great deal but, and F19 will I am sure confirm the fact, he consistently gave the ball away, and showed a distinct shortage of nouse when it came to reading the game !
But that does not detract from the overall quality of the players tonight, and a visible return of the spirit and confidence which has appeared to be lacking for a while.
In fact I can say that the 4-4-2 rotating with 4-3-3 system,when the wing backs were in an interchangeable mode down the opposing centre-backs right and left channels, whilst blocking the diagonal and elliptical runs from midfield and both wings, worked a treat !.
( Did I get that right F19 ?)....
Seriously folks, it was good to see a performance which deserved a win, to witness a 'clean sheet' at last !, and to see the well-earned 3 points widen the gap between the Reds and the dreaded relegation fight !.
You got it spot on Yonmon !!.
Young Windass showed lots of endeavour but needs to get wired into league two football.
If you run around like a chicken with no head,the crowd will love it but it causes all kinds of other problems.
We give up counting at 20,the times he received the ball and lost it,you can't do that at this level,never won a header or tackle(please get rid of that hair band!)
And rarely took advantage of gornells hold up play.
The lads got bags of talent/technique,he just needs to learn to use it in the right way.
Not like me to be negative !!,and hope someone gives him the match DVD
football19 is offline   Reply With Quote