View Single Post
Old 11-02-2015, 14:50   #67
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Oxford (H) match thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by winstanley asfc View Post
I think you might be a few years out there Choirboy with the age of your horn. If i remember rightly they went on sale for the Huddersfield cup tie in 2003? Anyway i'm surprised it's lasted so long with the amount of hammer it gets! If the team show the same commitment as you do with your little plastic horn we'll be alright this season!
I have to admit that my current 'Little horn' is not my original purchase. The original was purchased at the Stanley v Crewe match at Ewood Park in 1992 which we lost 1 - 6 and served me well for nearly twenty years, although I had needed to tape the mouthpiece to the cone a couple of times with insulation tape! Red tape of course!
Three seasons ago at Rochdale the 'Dale Bouncers' wouldn't let me take it into the ground, saying that it was a 'Musical Instrument' and that 'Musical Instuments were not allowed in Rochdale!
So reluctantly I let them 'supervise' it during the match below the stand. When I was on the fans coach returning home I noticed that the red tape had been removed and when I tried to blow the 'instrument' it was not working properly.......The -------s had damaged it!
So I bought a new one from Asda for 65pence when England were losing a match. The second one was not quite as loud as the original but after three years of use I think that it is beginning to 'Mature' and is now performing quite well!
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote