Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 13-02-2015, 20:03   #364
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Eric, it is heartwarming that you think I am special.
The good thing about friends(and even though we have never met I do consider you to be a friend) is that they can hold differing opinions without it coming to blows.

I used to believe in democracy....but alas, I am greatly disillusioned.
Politicians say absolutely anything to get your vots...and once you have put your cross in their box they can do as they please without any let or hindrance.
They believe themselves to be a cut above the common people...you know...those people who pay their salaries and expenses.....they treat us all as if we are blind imbeciles.
They tell us we should do one thing while they do another...they feel that they are subject to different rules.
They believe themselves to be our masters, when in fact what they really should be is the servant of their constituents...not the servant of the party to which they have aligned themselves.
You could not put a sheet of bronco between the different political parties...and I am heartily sick of punch and judy politics......the slinging of mud, the personal insults......because they are all a shower of shi-ite.

I do care. I would like to make a difference. I spent my working life in a profession where making a difference was my main aim, but I cannot see the ballot box and particularly my vote making one iota of difference to how this country is run and managed.
Those who make the rules are unelected and reside not in this country, but in Brussels and that cannot be right.
As for article six of the People Charter 1838.....I had no knowledge of what it was(remember I am a lass that left school at 15 to go and earn a crust....very little book learning).
I turned to Google to educate me......and I have only had a very cursory look at it......I will read, mark and learn it later....when I have cleaned the paint spots off my new floorboards.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote