Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2015, 02:44   #367
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I find myself not being able to agree with this (with anyone else I would say "you are dead wrong" ... but you're special; so, I'll be circumspect). Look, for example, at the Canadian General Election of 1993. Our systems and political procedures are so similar that this is a valid example. Or, closer to home, Attlee's election victory. From the Magna Carta, whose 800th. anniversary will be celebrated on June 15, the history of England (we can forget about the Jocks, Taffies, and Micks) is the history of the rise of the power of the masses, unwashed and common as muck as they may be. Sure, it hasn't been a seamless progression, maybe because only 5% of the population give a [deleted], but it's in the history books for all to read. (Also in back issues of Beano, and the debates between Dennis and Lord Snooty). It's not time to give up on it.

One suggestion, which would never be accepted by current parliamentarians, is to implement Article 6 of the "People's Charter" of 1838.

My "back issues of Beano" clearly state "there is no peaceful way to sort this mess out"....

....Viva la revolucion .....

Last edited by Accyexplorer; 14-02-2015 at 02:52.
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote