Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 14-02-2015, 10:49   #371
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
I agree with most of what you say Margaret but I do think it is wrong not to vote - as little impact you may think that has. However, if many people think and do exactly as you, then the only ones to benefit is the party who have the strongest political machine behind them or the hereditary support
I am nowhere near being in anything like full agreement with what is going on now, however, I do accept that a great deal of what we all suffer now is the result of having Blair/Brown in power and squandering the wealth of the country and the lives of our troops - and remember that Red Ed and Loads o' Balls were advisers to them.
And now we have the spectre of the SNP doing a deal with Labour - why, oh why couldn't the BBC/ITV/Sky show continuous re-runs of Braveheart before the Scottish referendum.
I don't know what the answer is or who I shall vote for - I do know who I will not support - one lie to the electorate from our representative who is supposed to be true to his constituents is one lie too many for me.
So do I protest and vote for UKIP which could well be a vote against the Tories and a vote for Labour.
Something of a conundrum.
I always...always trundle down to the polling station.......and I always cast a vote...or maybe no, I use my ballot paper, but sometimes I will tick none of the boxes and sometimes I will write something on my paper.
I cast my vote last time in favour of a local chap.
I figured that he knew the area, knew the people well...knew of their concerns and their worries and was best placed to do something for his town.
Fool me once shame on you! I can tell you he won't be fooling me again.
And this is what is so disappointing......those who have the power and ability to do good do not use it for that. Instead they use it to further their own ends.
I vote with my head and my conscience. I am one of those 'floating voters'.......I have no allegiance to any party.......I do not vote the way my parents voted.....but I truly do believe that voting changes nothing......and that democracy is a myth to shut the electorate up......and sometimes to blame them when the fisons hits the fan.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote