Thread: BENEFITS hmmmm
View Single Post
Old 15-02-2015, 12:06   #389
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Nowhere did I say it was justified.
There are many unequal situations in life.......the tax avoidance issue which has been bandied about recently is one of them... Red Ed says if elected he will remedy this situation, but parties (all of them) have known about the tax deals being done....all of them chose to ignore the loopholes so they are to blame.
They chose not to do anything(all of them) because they all use these tax avoidance schemes themselves.
How many of the working population have the opportunity to fudge their tax bills? Not many, as the taxman gets his bit first.

Benefits should never be a way of life.......they should be a helping hand in difficult times, but not something that people can be on forever and a day.

You seem to be under the impression that the benefits that pensioners receive are free....they are not.
Wealthy pensioners will still be paying tax(and some of those wealthy pensioners are asset rich but cash poor...their main wealth being tied up in property).......so it is their entitlement.
I am not wealthy by any stretch of the imagination, but I still have to pay tax on my pension....so do you think that I should not be able to use my bus pass?
My bus pass is not free......I pay into the system and have done since 1962 when I got my first pay packet.
I have (over the years)contributed to the wealth of this country....there are many who claim benefits who have contributed nothing, but see it as their right to get money from those who have contributed.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 15-02-2015 at 12:14.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote