View Single Post
Old 15-02-2015, 21:48   #10673
davemac
Senior Member+

Re: Today in pictures

Today in Pictures, should have been a quick once around the wet bit, but I got distracted again.

1. Driving down to Foxhill Bank I was drawn to this street, I have photographed it before but the cobbles draw me back.
2. Straight to the wet bit.
3. This is the point I went off piste, the people that wore away the steps on their way to Foxhill Mill are long gone as is the Mill.
4. Foxhill Bank House, there is little that remains that gives any sense of its former glory, or the famous people that visited it.
5. This should have been a standard railway bridge, but it was beautified so that the mill owners that had to pass under it with their horse and carriage had something a bit posher than the norm, notice the terracotta columns and recesses whose use escapes people.
6. Mooching around the site that was once Foxhill House very little remains apart from piles of stones and the odd random wall that is more likely to be service buildings.
7. Back to the wet bit.
8. There doesnt appear to be the numbers of water birds that I observed on other visits.
9. This is the most visited part of the nature reserve, with a steady stream of mums and dads with kids and a bag of bread bits.
10. The second reservoir, both were used to feed the mill, this section of the reserve is not as easily accessed as the other. There is in the distance a metal mound that was installed to entice Kingfishers to nest, I have never seen one here so don't know if it worked.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg _DSC0003.JPG (431.2 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6922.JPG (430.8 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6928.JPG (381.9 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6931.JPG (449.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6938.JPG (445.2 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6964.JPG (470.5 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6978.JPG (488.6 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6989.JPG (461.2 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6992.JPG (397.5 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg _DSC6995.JPG (446.0 KB, 8 views)
davemac is offline   Reply With Quote