Thread: M&S Accrington
View Single Post
Old 19-02-2015, 21:07   #88
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: M&S Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Moss View Post
Clare Cleary is in the Cabinet and portfolio holder for Town Centres, it's sort of her area to speak to M&S. The idea was to ask what their reasoning was, not to bargain with them as that would not only be monstrously unfair on other retailers but also way outside our remit as it's not even our building. It was pointless right from the word go as they had clearly already made up their minds but I don't hold with this idea of 'no point, don't try'.

That said, the Councillors aren't doing enough to keep Accrington alive either so it seems.

What surprises me more than anything else is that we have traders in Accrington talking the town down themselves and blaming everything on the Council. God above, never mind the acumen of Councillors, where's your business model? Bad advertising for the town ain't going to bring people flocking to the town centre.

If more people accentuated the positives instead of constantly saying how crappy everything is then more people might actually come here. I shop there every week and wouldn't go anywhere else.

And for the record, Blackburn's road system is a nightmare. For all those who have said how much better it is than Accrington just try driving there on Saturday.
Welcome back Ken, I do hope you can stay a while, at least, as cashy pointed out until after the next elections!
We've all been running around like headless chickens for such a long time without your & our glorious M.P.'s guidance.
Oh how popular I feel, after such an absence you choose one of my humble posts as an example for you to set the record straight.
Meanwhile forgive me, my memory may be a little out of skew, but wasn't one of your last posts telling us how the mighty had fallen,
the site going to rack and ruin? We are still here, will you be after May? I do hope that as well as us the folk in Great Harwood have seen through your and our glorious 95% M.P.'s thin veneer of BS and look closely at whom they next vote for,
I know I will.

Last edited by Less; 19-02-2015 at 21:11.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote