View Single Post
Old 21-02-2015, 12:22   #56
fc:stanley
Senior Member+

Re: Its the..CHELTENHAM match thread.

I thought alot of our players didnt turn up last night , wether thats due to tiredness or no effort im not sure! Just seemed like a loss of winning spirit!

If Dean Winnard wasnt athletic he wouldn't play in the football league , his contribution is terrible! Unless its a 2 yard pass he cant make one! Last night him and also the terrible Atkinson got the ball, moved a few yards ( even though there was no cheltenham player in our half) and just launched it hoping it would go to a red shirt! Seriously how can you be a proffesional football player in the football league and do that? What do they do all week? I see better passers of the ball on a sunday!!! They have no idea of how to move up the pitch as like i said, no cheltenham players in our half yet the crowd are shouting them to push up yet its the same old rubbish of a hoof ball! It really baffles me!

Its quite clear now also this new guy from Sligo cant cut it yet in the football league so why we are playing him instead of Liddle il never know!

Windass is playing some good football, hes getting used to the football league and whats needed and hes showing some good glimpses of skill and pace but yet like anyone learning their trade in the football league he doesn't make the right decision and if he does its far too slow!

The Argentinian Messi was off the pace and should of at least hit the target with his chance but another one who looked tired!

Proctor looks like all these regular games are catching up on him and had a very poor game but not at all surprising if it being right about not training all week.

Luke Joyce had a poor game also, forvever going sideways and seemed also to look tired. Wish he'd just lift his head sometimes and run forward with the ball sometimes then always look back! Gave away far too many balls last night and his passing for a man whos in their to pick the right balls out and keeping it all ticking over was poor!

Piero again was superb! Right mid , Left mid, Right back, wherever you want Piero to play he will put 100% in and delivers the goods! His touch is superb and his crosses, well look at last night, another great ball in which resulted in a goal! Need to give him the ball again and he just brings things alive with his running at defenders and sticking great crosses in the box!

McCarten did well when he came on and a great goal but fizzled out in the end!

Thought Kal did alright at left back when he came on but i think hes lost the knack of running and taking on defenders! Lack of confidence at the minute with that lad!

Big Terry upfront did well first half but i knew with it being his last club they would know how to mark him and mark him they did well! He didnt get a sniff in the second half and during it i thought he had gone off!

Was a poor game all round and the officials are getting more poor every game! Cheltenham arnt the worst team ive seen all season but we should be beating them with our good form at the minute and with them on a downwards spiral!

Onto Tuesday now and i hope the club push to get a bigger crowd then last night! WHERE ARE YOU THE PEOPLE OF ACCRINGTON?

fc:stanley is offline   Reply With Quote