Old 22-02-2015, 10:07   #3
cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Where is Hyndburn going?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You are right about the countryside, you are right about the heritage of the town, but there is no denying that the town is in something of a rut.
It isn't talking down the town to tell the truth about it...in fact doing anything else is blatantly dishonest.
People will not come to Accrington(and it is Accrington - not Hyndburn) to take in the green spaces.(most towns have their own green spaces)
They will not come because the people are multiracial and get on well together.

People used to come to Accrington from other local towns...they came for a bustling market, for the market hall, for the shops.
I know that shopping habits and trends have meant that this is less likely to happen.

You carry on seeing the place through your rose tinted glasses if that makes you happy...but I think that Accrington is too far gone to be resurrected with any success.

Other towns, we are told, are in a similar situation, but yet selling points, attractions are found and their appeal is maximised....this is not happening in our town.
Rose Tinted Glasses? sorry i think its drugs.