View Single Post
Old 23-02-2015, 18:12   #177
Eric
God Member

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
a decade or two
For me, it would be a half century ... For some reason, a half century sounds like more than fifty years, probably in the same way that a Rotten Ronnie's Quarter Pounder sounds like you're getting more than 4 ounces of "beef".

I also don't buy into the argument that the fact that weed "is illegal" ends any debate on the subject. Many things that were illegal when I was young are no longer so: homosexuality comes to mind, as do suicide, abortion, impersonating a Chelsea Pensioner ... oops, sorry about the last one; I'm not that old. Some things seem "naturally" illegal: murder, robbery, rape (altho' in some countries it's the victim who is punished), arson, and other usual suspects; but other things are up for debate ... or, in Canada, end up challenged in the Supreme Court. The illegality of certain drugs is a question of politics: "Will we get elected if we support decriminalization?"

Ontario has some of the most restrictive laws concerning the purchase of alcohol, not because we drink less than folks in Quebec, but because no Ontario political party has the balls to lighten up on the rules. It's politics, a euphemism for BS.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote