Thread: Cannabis
View Single Post
Old 24-02-2015, 01:20   #185
Eric
God Member

Re: Cannabis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Accyexplorer View Post
Say what you will about my under weight,over priced, dear "Mary Jane" the (mathematical) truth remains that smoking cannabis is less harmful than drinking alcohol yet some idiots (who we certainly don't need the input of) boast no end about drinking in their local establishment

But I guess that's how the war on drugs has to be fought.'Facts' will only undermine the war on drugs.
Take Professor Nutt (I know, not the best example):-
"Sacked – for telling the truth about drugs".
Sacked – for telling the truth about drugs - Health News - Health & Families - The Independent

Cannabis only became illegal through propaganda of a Egyptian delegate,and believe it or not, my source isn't Beano......this time
How Cannabis was Criminalised
Forget about it ... facts don't matter; so, we don't need links. The divisive arguments are over. Nobody really gives a [deleted] about folks using a little weed now and again ... or even every day. It's relatively safe ... give or take a few side effects: the munchies can lead to obesity ... and relatively cheap. Not too many are going to rob banks or mug pensioners to get $45 to buy a quarter, an amount that would last me a week unless I sprinkle it on my Cornflakes for breakfast. It's not even a big political issue.

Decriminalization would be a plus ... but no body is getting time for simple possession any more. The heat doesn't want to be bothered. Nor do the courts. It's kinda like jaywalking ... it's illegal but folks don't get busted for it. Some do get hit by buses ... Divine justice maybe. ... but there aren't too many donut munchers who want to waste their time writing a ticket. Overly restrictive laws against weed will crumble naturally, like the Berlin Wall.

Meanwhile, I'm sure that most of us would like our politicians to deal with more pressing issues ... yours will be different from ours ... but most of them can be reduced to "How can we put more money into our pockets." It could be "leaving the EU", or "building a pipeline to the West Coast to carry dangerous crude"; but those things, plus health care, education, racism, poverty, crime, taxes, regional disparities .... ok, you probably get the picture ... are way up on the voters' list of the problems they want their governments to address. Weed is way down on that list.

All debate about this non-issue is irrelevant ... it doesn't matter ... let it drop.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote