View Single Post
Old 27-02-2015, 22:47   #75
yonmon
Senior Member+

Re: Burton Albion Match Thread........

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldy View Post
So you'd suggest bringing Maguire who hasn't been all that great or maybe even Bowerman who last played when?

I'm not saying bring Crooks on every game as a striker, I'm saying I thought and still think he was the best option to bring on upfront at the time, When our defence was under pressure!!
Don't want you to think I am being critical in any way baldy, but from what I have seen The West Ham Wundekinder and George Bowerman are just not good enough !!!....James Gray is apparently a little unsteady on his feet, and has much to learn !...and after that, if Terry Gornell is unavailable for any reason then the bottom of the barrel beckons !.
This being the case, unless a proven striker suddenly appears out of the blue ,which I think all would agree,is not really a likelihood . Then the only remaining option it would seem is that someone steps up and plays out of their favoured position !.
This happened on Tuesday and once again HE didn't score. But seemed to do what was expected of him from a team perspective.
He has got a lot going for him, 2 mtrs plus in height, young strong and fit, and I have the feeling that Matt will develop into a useful addition to the squad !.
Looking forward to his inclusion at some point at Luton tomorrow, where he can be assured of my vocal support !
Hope that everyone comes to agree with me on this !
yonmon is offline   Reply With Quote