Thread: M&S Accrington
View Single Post
Old 09-03-2015, 13:03   #115
accyman
God Member

Re: M&S Accrington

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
I agree, both the Council and Police do nothing about it. They need to work together and address the problem
councilors cant work with each other so how can they be expected to work with anyone else..

i disagree with your comment about the old market though

before they tore it down there was many family buisness's established and new yet the alternative accomodation for the stalls only catered for about %20 of the stalls forcing the rest to either go unemployed until the new market was finished or give up and go work elsewhere

many of those family buisness's would still be operating today if they hadnt been forced out of buissness by the council

preston market is an old ugly market but they left it alone and it continues to have a vibrant trade and an excellent flea market like what accy used to have before the council tore it down

the council basically screwed over local traders to accomodate the likes of game , wilkinsons etc that could have easily opened up in the arndale as it was half empty at the time

Accrington is a great example of what happens when you let underqualified people make big decisions.Our one way system was designed by a bloke who had no driving licence and i doubt any councilor over the past 20 years has a degree in town and city planning or finance

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 09-03-2015 at 13:06.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote