Thread: A great show
View Single Post
Old 19-03-2015, 22:51   #1
Accyexplorer
Senior Member+

A great show

So, weather permitted,tomorrow we are going to experience a pretty rare phenomenon (solar eclipse (80%?) and we won't see another till about 2090.
The eclipse will take place at around 8.45am but is due to last for a couple of hours.
Observing this eclipse should be done with cation as (cough cough) 'experts' say even using digital devices to view this event can cause damage.
We are not to look directly at the sun, even with the use of dark sunglasses.One way to view the eclipse safely is to use a colander and hold it so that the light shines through the holes onto the ground. When the eclipse takes place you will see dozens of miniature crescents.
Alternatively,you can punch holes into a price of card and reflect the image onto the ground,if you want to be fancy you could punch your name etc into a piece of paper and do the same.

image.jpg

If any of you do manage to catch it in a photograph or two.I'd be keen to view them.....

....happy gazing

My photobucket account http://s28.photobucket.com/user/Accy...?sort=2&page=1
password--Accyweb
Accyexplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web