Thread: Stanley v York.
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2015, 09:31   #36
choirboy
Senior Member+

Re: Stanley v York.

In quality terms, yesterday was the poorest match of the season at home so far!
Did someone say that Buzza was missing? The pitch was not up to his usual standard as it was very dry and the surface was quite bumpy. I would have expected Buzza to have watered it before the match and also at half time.
I am not sure about the current formation particularly defensively. Cal is good when he attacks their full backs as a winger but he is a liability when he attacks their winger from a defensive position! In my opinion Cal should be a full out winger with Pierro doing the same on t'other wing but with them allowed to switch wings too! Pierro was our biggest threat again yesterday even though he didn't get that much ball.
Terry did quite well first half until he took a heavy knock. He was a ghost in the second half and we should have subbed him by 55 minutes with Shay coming on.
I believe that it is our midfield where we are weakest. We lack any real combativity and pace and the number of times this season that I have seen us concede goals when opposing players have waltzed 50 to 60 yards straight down our centre highlights this deficiency. We have played our best and got our best results when we have defended with a higher line with our midfield 'pressing' our opponents in their own half.
We need proper full backs.....Liddle on the left and Deano on the right with Rob and young Jones at centre back with crooks as the deep midfielder to help defensively with headers from their goal kicks and long clearances.
Maguire played better in the first half yesterday but drifted out of the game later on.
Well, it was a poor match but at least we didn't lose and we gained another point towards safety.
ON STANLEY ON
choirboy is offline   Reply With Quote