Thread: Stanley v York.
View Single Post
Old 22-03-2015, 11:46   #43
Chewbacca
Full Member+

Re: Stanley v York.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
The overall figures shown on here the other week, indicated very little difference in attendances, Yer highlighting 1 fixture, that aint very significant?
177 difference is significant between the seasons averages before this game, but what is more worrying is a downward trend in the mean throughout the season. York was citied as one of the good attendances coming up but still ended up well below last season's average.

The extra £3 won't make up for the drop in gates, and fans get into the habit of not going.

Anecdotal feedback from casual fans I have spoken too who haven't gone this season is mainly due to the price hike. The big mistake was not announcing match day prices when season tickets were being sold at £200, I suspect many more fans would have bought season tickets if they knew what going to happen, rather than not just turn up.

I'm pretty sure the club has real concerns about covering its costs hence the fund raising has started doing. Newport on Friday isn't likely to help given the clash already highlighted, but at least the trains are running for Carlisle to bring a few and hopefully sunshine on Easter Monday with no fixture clashes from local clubs.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote