View Single Post
Old 24-03-2015, 22:06   #8
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: What makes a good/bad forum?

A forum is a bit like a family.....well, except you cannot choose your family.
In a family there are people you love. There are people you like, there are people you can tolerate, and then there are those you would not cross the street to talk to.
In a family there are many different viewpoints....families frequently do not agree. Families fall out with one another, but usually the rub along and tolerate the other members.
In a family there is respect for one another, even though you views may differ greatly from those in the family.

What I really do not get is.....people must sit on the sidelines and watch what goes on in the forum before they join.
There must be something that attracts them to the forum(sometimes the reasons for joining are self interest based-that is, they want something from the forum).
However, once they join they proceed to tell us how bad a place it is.....how different it would be if they were running things.
They come on here and want to change things....so if the place is not to their taste it begs the question 'Why did you join?'

I have been a member here since 2004......I like to think that I can have a difference of opinion with someone and it doesn't much affect how we get on.
After all life would be pretty boring if we all agreed with one another....the forum would have little point in existing.
I also like to think that I respect the views of others.....even if I really don't agree with what they say on a particular topic.
As for this business of a clique.....it raises its head regularly. I would like to know just who is in this clique, and why I haven't been invited to join.

Oh and for those who don't like the place.....you have the option of leaving.
Make sure the door doesn't hit you on the behind as you leave......Accyweb can well do without claims for injuries.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote