View Single Post
Old 30-03-2015, 13:10   #51
Revived Red
Senior Member+

Re: Newport County Match Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyd View Post
The way JC slates the fans in is video and to a wider audience in today,s Telegraph sounds like he is driving a wedge between himself and the supporters happened at Rochdale regardless of results to me only one outcome he will go at some stage no one is bigger than the club and it,s fans.
JC is on very dangerous ground indeed. If he continues to alienate fans, he can guarantee attendances below 1000. We may not be as qualified as he is but qualifications do not necessarily mean the job is being done well. His analogy is very poor indeed. I am not a qualified joiner - but I can see when a so-called qualified joiner is doing or has done a botched job. And I can tell the joiner. JC has chosen to do a public job so the public, even without qualifications, have every right to pass comment.

He now says it's the lack of shots that is killing us; after the Burton game it was individual errors that were killing us. Whose decision was it to exclude our leading goalscorer from the squad? And then to loan him out?

JC also says that the formation may have to change and/or the personnel. Who chooses the formation? Who selects the squad?

If he thought that we played well in the first half on Friday night, he was watching a different game from the one I was watching. We didn't play well - we played as badly as our opponents. But our second half performance was worse.

If he is building a team for the future, that future looks bleak.

If he finds it necessary to criticise fans in the way that he does, one really must wonder if he is in the right job.

The optimism that we all shared after his appointment has disappeared. Why?Is that the fault of the fans?
Revived Red is offline   Reply With Quote