Thread: Woodnook slums!
View Single Post
Old 15-04-2015, 11:23   #14
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Woodnook slums!

I didn't mean that they were 'short term' houses, just that the tenants may want them as short term lets until they can get something better.
I was under the impression that this refurbishment work was a partnership between HBC, business and some money from other sources(I can't think now whether it was lottery money or the ESF).
Not everyones need for housing is similar to yours. If you have small children then ideally you would want something with a garden or a safe area to play(these houses have back yards - we played in back yards and my friends father had a lovely bit of garden in his back yard)...but there are places where children can play (with adult supervision).
People who have older children may not be so fussed about having somewhere for children to play, teens rarely want to 'play out'....these are good houses, brought up to a more modern standard...ready to move into......they already enhance what was a very run down area....they look clean, are well maintained and in my opinion(i know that it counts for little) are a vast improvement to what they were.

Now if someone would just get to grips with the deictic site where the two mills were, then that would be another huge improvement to the area.

Yes Neil, I hope you feel better after your rant.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote