View Single Post
Old 16-04-2015, 15:50   #38
Gordon Booth
Senior Member+

Re: Electric Car Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gremlin View Post
I was caught at 48MPH in a 40 zone.
Last bit of dual carriageway on the Nelson end of the Padiham by-pass. Only thing about was the police camera car.
Shame about that. If you'd been doing 47 they probably wouldn't have done you-10%+3MPH seems to be the unwritten rule. I got done a few years ago rolling down a hill at 37-they said at 36 they wouldn't have bothered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shurm View Post
We did several Leafs for £150 a month with a £500 deposit and a couple of those live in Accrington. No battery rental £150 that's it for 2 years and yes I'm sure they will just hand them back at the end.

Don't want to get into any arguments like I said I was very sceptical as well, only time will tell if they become popular.
Fair enough, no argument intended. But I feel it's very much a second car for very short journeys. Be honest, working where you do I'll bet your proper car is a Qashqai or an X Trail(I love mine, keep looking at the new ones but I'll have to wait 'till they're a couple of years old).

The deal you did wasn't bad but I'd be terrified of going on a car park, people are so careless with their doors. As BG said, you want them back like new and that's not easy over 2 years.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote