View Single Post
Old 16-04-2015, 18:48   #42
Less
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Re: Electric Car Charger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Booth View Post
That was tough, it's hard to keep to 30 max, a slight downhill, as I found, and you can soon speed up. Mind you Wales was worse under the 'Mullah' Brunstrom. You got done for 31/32.

I was offered a 'speed course' but on the day I was having a bad heart day so couldn't go.Rang up to re-book it-'Sorry, can't do that',end of.
So I ended up paying £80 for the course,£60 fine, 3 points and God knows how much extra on insurance. Not a good day.
Bought a Talex camera warning thing straight away, they make you very aware of your speed and nag you to death- when the satnav joins in its worse than the wife. Never speed now
My disgrace caught on camera just within tolerances that costs me money, I was offered the course or points on licence took the course, it did no good I still drive the way I normally do. (For good or bad). One piece of advice I ignored was "in town always drive in third gear, it may cost you fuel but it reminds you not to speed up to fourth".
I don't drive a fuel gussling car but I would if I took those guys seriously.
It's just another form of jobs for the boy's (retired speed cops) and money in the coffers to pay for ignoring other problems.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote