Thread: The Tories
View Single Post
Old 14-05-2015, 21:13   #4257
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: The Tories

Yes, but where are those politicians now JCB....It seems to me that most politicians ask not what they can do for us, but what they can do for themselves.

And I agree with Gordon, that until someone with the cojones tackles the root cause of problems (rather than just tinkering round the does and offering the sound bites that seem to show the electorate that they are concerned about the health of the NHS) then things are not going to improve.
What would I like to see that would make a vast difference.
I would like to see the debt to the providers of PFI wiped out. I would like to see a return to in house provision of support services.
I would like to see the use of agency nurses and doctors strictly curtailed.....maybe even stopped altogether....unless of course the services were at a much lower(more reasonable) cost.
I would like to see suppliers of consumables to the NHS have their prices capped at a profit of say 10%.
I would like to see GP's having to provide a continuity of care and doing their own practices weekend and evening cover.....it is not beyond the brains of the practice managers to work out a fair and equitable rota for such a development. It might cause howls of protest from GP's but it would relieve the pressure on A&E departments and would be safer for patients to have someone who knows their history looking after them.
I would like to see patients who book an appointment with a GP fined if they miss that appointment without just cause(death or hospital admission being just cause)
Am I going to live long enough to see any of this?
I really really doubt it
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote