View Single Post
Old 17-05-2015, 18:01   #15
Hill Walker

Re: The joys of cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucysgirl View Post
The law used to be that a child's cycle was allowed on the pavement. As relayed to me by Hy Gregson in the 1970s:- a child's cycle is rated by the diameter of its wheels with the tyres inflated. Measured from the ground to the top of the inflated tyre, the largest child's bike has a 24" diameter wheel.
The Moulton (correct spelling?) would make a mess of that definition. I haven't seen one for ages, I guess they just went out of fashion.

Like Gremlin I've nothing against cyclists in general BUT you do come across the occasional one that makes your blood boil and gives cyclists in general a bad name. Only a couple of weeks ago I found one of these on a quiet narrow country lane. There was absolutely no possibility of passing him without his co-operation which was not forth-coming. I was stuck behind him in 1st gear for about 2 miles and the problem was only resolved because that point was my destination. Had I been going all the way to the main road I have no doubt he would have kept me behind all the way. What was really galling was his jumper which advocated cycling as eco-friendly - and me stuck in 1st gear!
Hill Walker is offline   Reply With Quote