Old 22-05-2015, 22:46   #18
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: The joys of cycling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Rule 64
https://www.gov.uk/rules-for-cyclist...rview-59-to-71
It's the only problem I have with cyclists. As a driver you have a responsibility to drive defensively, so you should plan for as many hazards as you can think of, including a cyclist weaving around potholes, undercutting in traffic etc.

These days, defensive driving is seen as "weakness" and anyone who is doing so is "dawdling".

The highway code says that undercutting is permissible of traffic to the right is held up and moving more slowly. Accyman, why do you think that does that not apply to cyclists?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Studio25 View Post
Really sorry, Accyman - I thought it was your thread. I should have referred to Guinness (the OP), not you. My sincere apologies.
Didn't respond because I thought Gremlin had already busted your argument by distinguishing between inside lanes and gutters regarding undertaking……did you read rule 68 in your link about riding in a dangerous, careless or inconsiderate manner?

Had another run in with a Bradley this morning…

Hear a siren, clock that it’s an ambulance coming up behind me. Me and all the other car drivers pull over, most of us with a couple of wheels on the pavement..

Cars on the opposite side do the same….all except Bradley who nonchalantly overtakes them causing the ambulance to slow down to negotiate the gap between him and the cars my side of the road….

No doubt you will now quote me some part of the highway code about how overtaking is legal even for cyclists, whilst ignoring the dangerous, careless and inconsiderate bits.

Oh… and I’d appreciate it if you could point me to the part of my original post that indicated I wasn’t driving defensively.

Far too many cyclists bemoan that a minority of car drivers are inconsiderate whilst ignoring the fact that the majority of cyclists are absolute muppets!