View Single Post
Old 01-06-2015, 16:41   #16
Eric
God Member

Re: The Mandela Effect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post

Some ideas are brain boggling
It's not only scientific ideas. If someone had told me 20 years ago that I would live to see a black man in the White House, my response: "Get the [deleted] outa here."

Was actually listening to the radio in my car today ... on CBC, not a bad station, they were interviewing a guy who believes that what he calls "curiosity driven research" is under attack, particularly from the political right, and particularly in the US. Creating a climate of anti-intellectualism benefits big business, particularly when it involves "climate change denial." Millions of Americans are prepared to believe in GOD, creationism, zombies, aliens a la Hollywood, sasquatches, and, yes Dotti, Loch Ness Monsters. These same folks, most of them living south of the Mason-Dixon Line and other Bible Belt locations dismiss serious climate research and warnings from the IPCC as "a load of balls."

I believe it was Shakespeare's Caesar who said of Cassius: "he thinks too much; such men are dangerous." ... or something like that. Maybe we are becoming a bit like extreme Islamists, whose greatest fear is a girl with a book.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web