Thread: Signings.
View Single Post
Old 02-06-2015, 17:54   #62
AccyMad
God Member

Re: Signings.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisr View Post
I Don't accept we are punching above our weight, Despite ending up where we did can anybody truly say the teams we played were any better than us? I don't think so. It is great that we are into our tenth season but we need to push on, we need success on the field and then you will see an increase in gates. I do call on the board to dig deep and speculate. I am a little surprised that people seem to have got into a comfort zone and are happy to accept our lot. I do live in the real world, with a club brand as strong as Stanley we should market it better. There is a lot we can do via the supporters club. None of us should be happy at having the lowest gates in the league.
I think you misunderstood, when I said punching above our weight I meant financially not footballing wise. As Cashy has said, no-one could be happy with our gates & yes if we had a good cup run or a fantastic run in the league we probably would have a few more through the gate but, as has happened in the past, once the run is over how many would come back & stick with the team through thick & thin.
You're preaching to the converted on here Chris & the one thing I agree with you on is that the Stanley name (please don't call it a brand) could be marketed better if we had more resources - bit of a chicken & the egg situation - but I think that all who work for the club, paid & volunteers alike do a damn good job most of the time given our limited finances
AccyMad is offline   Reply With Quote