View Single Post
Old 08-06-2015, 16:13   #5
Eric
God Member

Re: Referendum is a load of crap.!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Not only will MP's not have a free vote, the money for the yes campaign will be unlimited, whereas the campaign fund for the NO vote will be limited.
So you can see where this is going.
If The PM gets radical changes to the way the EU functions then he will feel that the voters will want to remain in the EU....But I have my reservations about a renegotiated position.
I feel sure that we would not get what the electorate want.

We are still going to be paying ludicrous amounts of money into this corrupt club, for very little benefit.
We are still going to be having rules imposed on us by unelected mandarins in Brussels.....and yes, I DO know we have MEP's, but their influence is that of a gnat bite on an elephants behind.....so small as to be insignificant.
Seems like Cameron has withdrawn the threat ... it's in your papers if you want to check it out.

I think the important thing for you guys, as it was in the Quebec referrenda, is the question. It can't be so confusing that the average idiot voter will give up on trying to understand it ... especially in a country where the main drug problem is the over-consumption of booze.

But there is one thing that you should take into account Margaret ... and it's something you don't like, and maybe don't want to think about: social media ... Twitter and Facebook. Big bankrolled ad campaigns are becoming a thing of the past. There's lots of stuff being written about this shiite, particularly in business publications. One reason that Rotten Ronnie's sales are falling ... apart from their "food" being crap ... is that smaller chains, who, in the past, could not afford big advertising campaigns are now taking to social media to push their product. Go on Facebook ... check out Martin's Bakery Oswaldtwistle. Whatever ... much of the campaign will likely be fought in the trenches of Twitter and Facebook.
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote