View Single Post
Old 11-06-2015, 14:17   #87
holtsign
Junior Member+

Re: Anyone Go to St. Christopher's C of E High?

I went to St Christophers from 1970 - 75 and loved every minute of it! Mr Jolley`s was the headmaster, Mr Walker deputy, and Mrs Ormerod headmistress. These are the teachers I recall when I started there, room 1 Mr Otter, room 2 Mrs Ilic, Room 3 was the RE teacher Mr ? cant recall, room 4 Miss Kenyon/Miss Cunningham, Room 5 Miss Brown, Room 6 Mr Stanley, Room 7 Mrs Ginn, Room 8 think was Mr Winkley, Room 9 Mr Williams maths, room 10 Mr Green, room 11 Miss Barnes, room 12 Domestic science teacher Mrs P? cant recall, room 13 Mr Riding, Room 14 Mr Lowe room 15 Mrs Livesey 16 Mr Williams science, room 17 Mr Phillips, room 18 Mr Manning, room 19 Mr Bradshaw, room 20 Mr Day, room 21 the science teach with the pump with a name on so if he hit one of the lads the name was imprinted on his backside! ?? Room 23 Mrs Wilson, there was also Mr Gibson, Mrs Parkinson, another female games teacher with dark hair Miss ? The Cocker building was opened just in time for our last year, we had a prefects room with a radio gram in it as a privilege! Used to listen to Tony Blackburn during breaks! My best friend was Susan Whalley and she was head girl. I still keep in touch with friends from school and have great memories of my time there. Jed Heath was in the year above me and I remember he got expelled on his last day for hanging a pair of knickers on cross on the stage - as Mr Jollies walked down the aisle of the hall for assembly the curtains opened to display the offending underwear - he was furious and ordered the curtains closed! This was one of Jeds many claims to fame!
holtsign is offline   Reply With Quote