View Single Post
Old 23-06-2015, 19:55   #26
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Anyone for Gout?

My daughter has had a chronic medical condition for the past few years and this entails relying on pain relief.
Also in my past life we used to advocate using both meds for severe pain.......what i would say is that everyone has a different tolerance to pain, and you should never take more pain meds than you actually need.
So it may take some experimentation to get the mix right, but from what i know of gout it used to make me dear old dad cry...he would always take the maximum dose before bed......a bad nights sleep means the following day is likely to be rubbish......pain during the daytime is a different creature, and you may get away with the ibuprofen and just one paracetamol, but if you don't you know that next time you need to take two with your dose of ibuprofen.
When taking Ibuprofen it is important to make sure you have had something to eat, it can cause irritation to the stomach lining.
And, daft as it sounds, the suppositories with NSAIDs in them have exactly the same effect even though they are going nowhere near your stomach!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote