View Single Post
Old 29-06-2015, 20:59   #38
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: New pub opening .

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanley convert View Post
Guinness I think we all know your thoughts about pubs ...ale houses or whatever you want to call them and in some respects it,s a shame that there are not many of them left but to run a pub selling just ale these days would not last 2 minutes,times have a changed my friend long gone are the days where the little woman stayad at home with the brats while hubby spent his time in the local and having his Sunday dinner brought to him. Going to the pub for lunch these days is a family affair as believe it or not I think we are much more sociable creatures as family time is precious these days.
Anyway each to their own but plastic micro food seems to be very popular ....mother redcap...packed Bentley wood ....packed Game cock....packed sycamore farm...packed do I need to go on, by the way how do you microwave a sirlion steak cant find it in me recipe book anywhere.
We know from your posts that you are never likely to step over the doorstep of the Brickworks but that,s your choice but can you not be happy to see something new come to Accrington and also for the people who have managed to secure a job with a company that has been willing to spend a large amount of money transforming the site into what it is now

Anyway got to go now cos the little woman is donkey stoning the front step
What I want to know is......where did she get the donkey stone?
Sorry. I'll get my coat!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote