View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 17:52   #28
Gordon Booth
Senior Member+

Re: Some Very Sad news.

Thanks to all of you for your kind thoughts and condolences. You'd be surprised how it helps, just reading through your posts, I'm sure Gremlin would agree.

Actually I've found Accyweb a good escape from madness over the last few weeks. You think the world is ending but you come on here, read a few posts, have a laugh, join in, and you are reminded it's not the world ending, just your bit of it. Whenever Kath was resting or asleep and I had a few quiet minutes I'd come on here and unwind for a little while.
When things settle down I must check back, see if I was rude to anyone, apologise(only if unintentionally rude, of course).

Just a few words on the NHS which we all worry about.
I had to ring 999 two weeks ago in the middle of the night, Kath was really bad. Ambulance came quickly, got to A&E, they settled her down with a few shots. The consultant made the position clear( although I'd already guessed), asked what I wanted to do. I said I wanted her at home right to the end but I'd have to sort out some help. You have to accept finally you can't cope on your own.
'No problems, we'll have support teams sorted, she'll be home tonight and they'll be there'. They were.
I couldn't believe the help we had, eight visits a day by nurses, carers, all of them so friendly, understanding, caring and professional.In the end the door bell gave up!They were even there when Kath died in the middle of the night, I don't know how I'd have managed without them.
Yes I do know, I couldn't have managed.
So the NHS isn't dead yet, for the last two years it's been marvellous.

Finally, my thanks to Margaret for starting this thread. I couldn't have done it and if I'd tried I wouldn't have done it as well as she did. In her usual way she's been a good support over the last two years.

Last edited by Gordon Booth; 12-07-2015 at 17:58.
Gordon Booth is offline   Reply With Quote