View Single Post
Old 21-07-2015, 13:21   #133
MrPastry

Re: New pub opening .

Well as promised we popped in for a lunchtime snack and here are our findings.

The building looks nice, decent play area for youngsters and you can keep an eye on them. Inside a modicum of plushness and comfortable although at the door the guy guiding customers didn't really have a clue which way to guide us, probably as we had not decided if we would stay for food or not depending on our first port of call...the bar.

We noticed one couple complaining they had been waiting 15 minutes for drinks already ordered so I made direct for the bar which slightly put the staff training on edge I guess. 1 pint of Pedigree please and a still pint of um tap water was presented. I requested the chappy have another go and not much better sorry to say. Eventually a girl came to take our food order but I pointed out the beer is not quite right yet so was offered another ale. Lancaster Bomber was fine and enjoyed that. Just about to order some food and all hell broke loose, table of three complaining meat not cooked! Net result I supped up and left with a not very good first impression generally.

Now then.... This is a new venue and it looks very nice but I do feel the staff training is a little lacking to be fair to the young staff present today. I'm absolutely certain it will settle down after a few weeks but £3 for a bog standard Pedigree ale and not right gives me the jitters with a new place. Not sure on the price of lager but a guy mentioned £3.75 for Fosters but cant confirm this.

It was nice to see the young staff really trying however and we almost felt like giving them a lift if you know what I mean. It's good for our town this new place has opened but they do need to get the ale just right and the meat cooked.

Actually we liked the venue although we had a bit of an issue, but its new and I think it will be popular with those seeking shall we say a more up market experience on a general food table. The Steak & Ale pie looked very nice and we thought we would give it another go in a couple of weeks when the teething troubles have fingers crossed gone.

To close you can tell the staff have been programmed with a given directive and if you interrupt that with "We would like to try the quality of ale first" before eating they are not sure what to do, so I would advise a steady approach to the new Brickfield or whatever sort of Brick it is.... At the end of the day it is your money and you choose where best to put it.

Last edited by MrPastry; 21-07-2015 at 13:30.
MrPastry is offline   Reply With Quote