View Single Post
Old 23-07-2015, 17:07   #146
stanley convert

Re: New pub opening .

I know someone working there they did 58 hrs intense induction on the run up to opening plus 3 days where they were open for friends and family to give them the chance to wait on, 5 of us got an invite for last Saturday and the service was quite good and everything that came was correct. I think one of the issues is (well talking to my friend anyway) is the number of staff involved in serving one table one to show you there, one to take your drinks order which is then poured by the bar staff,one to take your food order and then what they call a table runner to bring your food when its ready ...in my opinion it would be better with staff being allocated a number of tables with some back up staff to help out, but apparently they swop the staff round on a daily basis so they can cover all job.
I think given a month and it will run smooth when they get in their stride it must be daunting when you have very little experience waiting on and all of a sudden the place is doing over 300 covers a day.
Oh and by the way my Sirloin steak came as ordered and was very nice thank you lol
stanley convert is offline   Reply With Quote