Thread: Windows 10
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2015, 16:02   #18
Restless
Senior Member+

Re: Windows 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yes, but Rob.....you have to admit that you are computer fluent(as opposed to some of us who are just about computer literate).
Do you recommend it or is it too early in the game to say it is a pleasant operating system?
Well.. The win8 metro startscreen(that looks like 27" version of a mobile phone(of course if u have my monitor) ) has now gone and the "tiles" are kinda integrated into the start menu(see pic1 attached)

I am finding it to be good. No problems what-so-ever. It passes the game tests I have done so far!

There are significant leaps from WIN7 to WIN10 that may be more noticeable to those that up from 8.1 to 10.

Everything is now marketed as "apps" rather than programs. Pre installed was twitter app! hmmm

There are tons of settings that really need to be turned off for privacy sake. Microsoft want to know everything about you and they do this by using a search option(trying to get you to "talk" to 'cortana' much like apple products and their siri)

Another option to turn off is in automatic updates. If you are on a tariff that limits data usage you really need to turn this option off (see PIC2) Microsoft use your PC to send updates to other computers... Peer2peer using your internet!

So. I would say this. Knowing how fixed in your ways you are, I would find somebody that is already running Win10 and spend 10-15 mins using it. Or go into PC world and test it out. No rush, Just when it popped up on my screen, i thought... stuff it
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pic 1.jpg (73.3 KB, 10 views)
File Type: png pic2.png (27.2 KB, 11 views)