cashman
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: BENEFITS hmmmm

Reminds
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
These people have a genuine need...they are not bleeding the NHS dry.
If someone is getting enough of the flour to set up a cake business then that is the fault of the prescriber and I am pretty sure that this would be spotted and looked into.
Since when has Jelly been junk food...and if you are coeliac then you do not eat pizza, buns or any of these products on the same basis as you or I would because you have to make them yourself...this involves planning and effort...unlike going into Greggs for a donut or a sausage roll.

As I said in a previous post those unfortunate people who are afflicted with coeliac disease are not fuelling the obesity crisis......in all my career(which spanned 30 years) i never saw an overweight coeliac patient.
Again Jason you are making a thread out of a contentious headline that if looked at properly would warrant no interest at all.

It would be better to complain about those who misuse other NHS services...drug addicts, alcoholics and those who get treatment free when they should be paying for it...and skip the country before they can be made to pay.

The patients who need low protein supplements need them because they are probably suffering from kidney problems...maybe even waiting kidney transplant
Reminds me of the owd saying " Yeh can't see the wood fer the trees" Planks are wood as i recall.