View Single Post
Old 19-08-2015, 09:39   #23
baldy
Senior Member+

Re: Mansfield tonight

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancsdave View Post
All done by the community trust on a regular basis. Club even gave away season tickets to all primary school children last season but it didn't work.

And before you ask I don't the answer apart from winning every game
I'm talking a lot more tickets than just the kids that play football at half time! I mean hundreds even thousands of tickets, We have the Community Trust going into school etc every day so wouldn't be extra workload for anyone at the club having to dish them out!

I do appreciate that the club have unbelievable prices and season/flexi tickets but how many new fans have bought season tickets? I just think we need to be getting more kids on the game!

I'm not saying this has to be every game but why not 3/4 times a season when we play teams like Wimbledon and Barnet when we know the away following won't be great, make a big fuss of grassroots football and invite all junior clubs to come in their teams football shirts and really push it!

Even go as far as getting Supporters Club involved and getting facepainters in for the kids, It's not as though there isn't enough room behind the Clayton end to do this!