View Single Post
Old 22-08-2015, 16:20   #43
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: E Cigarettes on NHS ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness View Post
Actually most of it is incoherent…(it usually is when you manage to refrain from copy/pasting someone elses work and try to pass it off as your own)

It’s incoherent because:-

a) It’s not a habit, it’s an addiction
b) Other smoking substitutes are already given on prescription, and earlier posts have alluded to the cost effectiveness of these
c) My liquid says ‘seek medical advice if swallowed’ probably because we don’t really have walk in poison centres in this country…I’d suggest you stop buying dodgy Chinese liquid from that guy in the pub, it’s clearly addling your thought processes
d) Your argument about not being ‘medically ill’ fails because not all tax funded prescription treatments are given because of illness (the guy who needs pain killers for a sports injury….or antibiotics for someone who gets an infection from a rusty nail whilst mooching around a dilapidated building)

’As an aside’…the eye drops I use for my occasional dry eye also says seek medical advice if swallowed, and every single medication from Anadin to Zantac has side effects and toxicity.

Because of your mistrust of the medical industry can I assume that you do not use doctors, hospitals, have eye tests or visit the dentist? If, however, you do use these, should I then assume that you mistrust the advice you receive and ignore it.
I also have a 'healthy' mistrust of the medical profession. This is because I know that those in the medical profession do NOT know everything and they can be wrong. It is up to me and no one else to make sure I put my health first....after all who else could be trusted with something so very precious.
I will research the background of drugs if I am prescribed them, though so far I have not needed to take anything other than antibiotics.
I do not take things on face value.....I seek out as much information as possible, information is armour.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote