View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 15:27   #51
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Leadership Contest

The article is right in the observation that our leaders lack courage, but they also lack foresight too.
As for being shamed by other European countries, how can this be so...we give more money than any of these European countries....that fact that it is not making a difference is down to how it is being used(or abused).
Refugees who think that they can storm trains, camp outside Railway stations because they do now wish to go to the countries which will take them (preferring to go to a country of their choice), show that they do not respect rules.
True refugees should claim asylum in the country where they first land...not want to make off to a country where they feel they will be more prosperous.

The picture of the little children who were drowned is tragic, but their parents put them in this position.(and the media are using these pictures to elicit an emotional response...a bit of emotional blackmail)....I do not feel in any way responsible for these people......and I am suspicious of where they come from...any one of them could in the future turn upon the country they have adopted and blow it to smithereens.

Maybe there will be those who consider this response heartless and cruel...but what we cannot give to our own needy, we cannot give to the worlds needy.
We cannot take in all the waifs and strays of the world.
Already I feel a stranger in my own land. I walked from my mothers today and along the way passed six or seven people...none of whom were speaking English.
This is not racism or xenophobia, I am just stating a non PC fact.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote