View Single Post
Old 04-09-2015, 22:07   #54
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Labour Leadership Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Jeremy's view on the present refugee crisis. Personally, I think he makes some fair points, but that's the bleeding heart liberal in me. I very much doubt that his fan club on here would agree.
Our leaders lack courage in this refugee crisis. We are shamed by our European neighbours - Voices - The Independent
Weird ain’t it….that a few days after a heart rending photograph…Cameron is now doing exactly what ‘Jeremy’ is banging on about in the piece that you quote…because, suddenly, it’s no longer ultra left wing rhetoric, it’s political expediency.

Then again Cameron is kinda screwed here, because his ‘austerity’ and ‘big society’ policies, which have seen a 40% cut in county council budgets with another 40% scheduled by 2020, (that’s £2 to spend on the aged, disabled, sick and needy where there used to be £10). Where our councils are battling with our NHS over who should fund those in need because of funding cuts and unrealistic targets. All of which has left our social infrastructure totally unable to deal with a further influx of people demanding services and jobs…

But hey..this is the Prime Minister who promotes the guy who claims for moat cleaning on his (tax payer paid) expenses to the House of Lords (on a £300 a day plus expenses wage).

For every stupid or unsavoury thing that you can dredge up damning Corbyn, I can double with Cameron and his cronies, when you ask about his policies, I can point you to lack of policy and broken pledges from this government…unfortunately I don’t have the readership of the Tory loving media

Last edited by Guinness; 04-09-2015 at 22:14.
Guinness is offline   Reply With Quote