View Single Post
Old 10-09-2015, 20:32   #39
Boeing Guy
JFT96

Re: Should the TV License be scrapped?

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
you can even watch live uk tv on kodi with a time delay so your not watching a live broadcast

Not questioning your motives, but according to the TV Licensing website, that is not true.
Quote:
Do I need a TV Licence if I watch a programme on a delay?

Yes you do. If the programme is being shown on live TV, you need a TV Licence to watch or record it. If the device or technology you’re using to watch the programme causes a delay between when the programme was shown and when you watch it, you’re still receiving live TV.
Live TV means any programme you watch or record at the same time as it’s being shown on TV or an online TV service.
If you only ever watch on demand programmes, you don’t need a TV Licence. On demand includes catch-up TV, streaming or downloading programmes after they’ve been shown on live TV, or programmes available online before being shown on live TV.
If your going to give advice about breaking a law, regardless of views about it, better to get the facts.

Although I pay my license fee, i do sometimes wonder why

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote