View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 18:31   #29
lindsay ormerod
Senior Member+

Re: Are manners a thing of the past?

I don't know if it counts as manners but I saw the most fantastic behaviour exhibited outside my place of work yesterday. I work in a building on the corner of Barbara Castle Way and Preston New Rd, it's a crazy busy junction all day, with 3 sets of traffic lights for the pedestrian and 2 traffic islands.
An elderly Caucasian gent had broken down on his mobility scooter at the opposite side of the road, he was frail and unsteady on his feet whilst trying to get his scooter going, with no luck. Just as the lads in the office were about to go to his aid a young Asian fella was there, he looked very streetwise, bandana and muscle vest, he took the old guy's arm and whilst guiding him across the road he pushed the scooter too! It was obviously extremely hard work, dunno if the brakes were seized, but the young man was panting when he got to the traffic island. Then a young Asian woman ran across and helped him with the old fella, both of them pushing the scooter and making sure the old fella got to the health centre. I must add that whilst they were slowly crossing the road some ignorant git beeped his horn even though it was obvious what was going on, the young man flicked him the bird and rightly so!
It was a wonderful thing to see and full credit to the 2 of them for helping!