View Single Post
Old 11-09-2015, 22:08   #1
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
The right to die with dignity

Given a clear set of parameters…incurable, terminally ill and 6 months to live, and the ruling of a high court judge…people ask for the right to die, painlessly, with dignity at a time of their choosing….

The nuggets in parliament get it wrong! Why am I not surprised?

Arguing against :-

a) The God botherers with their intransient, illogical belief in a mythical all seeing, all powerful entity, argue that it’s a sin despite the fact that their God allows child abuse, war, famine, plague etc..etc… to run rampant
b) The muppets that claim that some people may kill off their parents for the money, conveniently forgetting that the Mental Capacity Act makes provision to prevent this
c) Doom mongers who claim it’s the thin end of the wedge and before long we will be killing off anyone over 60

Arguing for :-

a) People in excruciating pain
b) People who do not want to face the excruciating pain that is about to befall them
c) People who want their loved ones to remember them the way they are now and not as a shadow of their former self

Those who argue against have zero experience of a loved one begging and praying to this alleged ‘benign’ entity to take them because they’ve had enough, to watch them soil themselves and shamedly apologise for it…to watch them drift in and out of consciousness, pain then no pain….

It’s ok though if you have a few quid, you can sod off to Switzerland….the peasants have to commit suicide, get your loved one to buy some pills, you’re ok because it’s not illegal to commit suicide but your loved one faces jail because it’s illegal to help someone to do it???

Personally I don’t know what I would do, but I’m damn sure I would like the choice