View Single Post
Old 13-09-2015, 11:02   #117
Margaret Pilkington
Beacon of light

Re: Labour Leadership Contest

Yes you are right about the Labour Party having become a pale version of the Tory party.
The numbers joining the Labour Party show that sometimes hope triumphs over experience.
I have(like you) lived a long time and I know that sometimes what seems like a good plan doesn't work out well when you try to put it into practice.

It might seem like a good idea to re nationalise utilities, railways and the like.
It may seem like a good idea to tax the rich and give it to the poor and disadvantaged......it might seem like a good idea to leave NATO, to ditch Trident....To allow as many migrants into the country as the place can take...All of these ideas are just that ideas.....and useless in opposition(well, I suppose he could block the current crew from taking some actions)
I get the feeling.....and it IS only a feeling the this man does not like Britain very much....and much of what he seems to want to do will not enrich us.
But, we can only wait and see how the thing pans out.......I really don't think it will be better for the likes of us...but I DO hope I am wrong!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote