View Single Post
Old 18-09-2015, 22:13   #153
Guinness

Texas Holdem Poker Champion!
Re: Labour Leadership Contest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Can't understand the national anthem fuss, though. Agnostic republican doesn't sing "God Save The Queen". How surprising.
Thats an outdated and past its use by date media for you.....deflect from anything relevant by pointing out the irrelevant...

Then again idiots who vote for our MP drink this kinda nonsense like they drink in the latest crud about xfactor wannabees and football wags.

Quote:
Originally Posted by egg&chips View Post
I suspect that Mr Corbyn may prove to be an effective leader of the opposition but is not electable as PM because he does not dance to the populist tune of the mainstream media. I think that his only chance of gaining widespread support among non-labour members is to galvanise the young and rekindle their involvement in the current voting process. My son's generation seems to be growing increasingly indifferent as to the outcome of a process which they feel is an outdated model of democracy.
You’re a teacher…educate him, show him that the only chance of real change, short of an unlikely violent revolution, is to vote in someone who has a different viewpoint and offers something different, show him how the mainstream media like to twist things in order to maintain the status quo.

Or you could just leave him to his apathy, hoping that someone else will somehow, somewhere do something…